Northwest Fleet Safety Certification
In May of 2016, OTA launched its first ever exclusive comprehensive safety program – Northwest Fleet Safety Certification. This unique curriculum covers all aspects of creating and maintaining a top-notch fleet safety program. Training courses that cover a wide range of topics will be offered throughout the year. Whether your fleet safety personnel are new to the job or just need a refresher on the industry’s ever-changing rules and regulations, OTA’s Northwest Fleet Safety program offers the tools and resources they need to keep trucks, shops, and people safe and protected.
This program addresses topics that all well-rounded safety personnel need to perform their job effectively, as well as the required regulatory courses. Developed by OTA safety expert, John Sallak, and the Safety Management Council, the Northwest Fleet Safety program has built-in flexibility so that fleets can supplement their safety training with the entire program or individual courses. John has since retired as of April 2017, but the program continues at OTA.
Graduates for the 2017-2018 program were announced at our annual Safety Conference in April 2018 (see below). The 2018-2019 session has begun, but individual class courses may still be available upon request. The next program will begin in the spring of 2019. Spots do fill up quickly, so let us know if you'd like to get on the roster for next year! Please contact us for details.
- Safety Culture
- Conducting Meetings
- Drug & Alcohol
- Driver Qualification
- Defensive Driving
- Accident Investigation
- Inspections, Repairs & Maintenance
- Safety ROI
*Topics may be subject to change and/or expand due to the ever-changing trucking industry!
Graduates of the 2017-2018 NW Fleet Safety Certification Program:
(Instructor: Joe Darby)
- Cyrel Moore, B & R Reliable Transportation Services, LLC
- Hedie C. Schulte, Boshart Trucking, Inc.
- Ashley Saucedo, Western Mountain Transport, Inc.
- Theresa Brown, Roseburg Forest Products
- Lisa I. Howe, Thomas & Sons Distributors
- Katrina A. Nielsen, KM Nielsen Trucking
- Bryan Hutton, McCracken Motor Freight, Inc.
- Craig Brown, Leavitt's Freight Service, Inc.
- Alicia Wilson, WCCL Trucking, LLC
- Kenneth Laudahl, Carson / NEXGEN Logistics, LLC
Graduates of the inaugural NW Fleet Safety Certification Program (2016-2017):
(Instructor: John Sallak)
- Bill Lundin, Independent Dispatch, Inc.
- Christie Wuerst, Terrain Tamers Chip Hauling, Inc.
- Dennis Fullan, Space Age Fuel Inc.
- Don Thompson, Sherman Brothers Trucking Inc.
- Gene Hullette, Leavitt's Freight Service
- Joe Moody, A&M Transport, Inc.
- Kyle Anderson, DSV Road Transport
- Melissa Brown, McGinn Bros Trucking
- Ron Bowers, Ron Bowers, Inc.
- Todd Boldin, Reddaway