Northwest Fleet Safety Certification
In May of 2016, OTA launched its first ever exclusive comprehensive safety program – Northwest Fleet Safety Certification. This unique curriculum covers all aspects of creating and maintaining a top-notch fleet safety program. Training courses that cover a wide range of topics will be offered throughout the year. Whether your fleet safety personnel are new to the job or just need a refresher on the industry’s ever-changing rules and regulations, OTA’s Northwest Fleet Safety program offers the tools and resources they need to keep trucks, shops, and people safe and protected.
This program addresses topics that all well-rounded safety personnel need to perform their job effectively, as well as the required regulatory courses. Developed by OTA safety expert, John Sallak, and the Safety Management Council, the Northwest Fleet Safety program has built-in flexibility so that fleets can supplement their safety training with the entire program or individual courses. John has since retired as of April 2017, but the program continues at OTA.
The 2018-2019 session is officially complete, and graduates will be announced during the Annual Safety Conference April 18-19, 2019. The next program will begin in May 2019. Spots do fill up quickly, so let us know if you'd like to get on the roster for next year! Please contact us for details.
2019-2020 CLASS SCHEDULE
Date Topic May 9, 2019
June 13, 2019 Drug & Alcohol July 11, 2019
September 19, 2019
October 10, 2019
November 14, 2019
January 9, 2020
Inspections, Repairs, & Maintenance
February 13, 2020
(Instructor: Adam Williamson)
- Roger Alley, Blue Line Transportation Co.
- Chad Belcher, Leavitt's Freight Service
- Vic Clapp, Lile International Companies
- Alex Crider, Stinger Transport
- Noah Horwitz, DSV Road Transport
- Rachel Hubbard, Kool Pak
- Larry Needham, Gene Whitaker
- Michael Note, WHA Insurance
- Dean Noyes, Western Heavy Haul
- Jamie Peterson, Gene Whitaker
- Mario Rivera, Charlie's Produce
- Roni Shaw, Bowman Trucking
- Catrina Stanks, WHA Insurance
- George Wood, TP Trucking
Graduates of the 2017-2018 NW Fleet Safety Certification Program:
(Instructor: Joe Darby)
- Cyrel Moore, B & R Reliable Transportation Services, LLC
- Hedie C. Schulte, Boshart Trucking, Inc.
- Ashley Saucedo, Western Mountain Transport, Inc.
- Theresa Brown, Roseburg Forest Products
- Lisa I. Howe, Thomas & Sons Distributors
- Katrina A. Nielsen, KM Nielsen Trucking
- Bryan Hutton, McCracken Motor Freight, Inc.
- Craig Brown, Leavitt's Freight Service, Inc.
- Alicia Wilson, WCCL Trucking, LLC
- Kenneth Laudahl, Carson / NEXGEN Logistics, LLC
Graduates of the inaugural NW Fleet Safety Certification Program (2016-2017):
(Instructor: John Sallak)
- Bill Lundin, Independent Dispatch, Inc.
- Christie Wuerst, Terrain Tamers Chip Hauling, Inc.
- Dennis Fullan, Space Age Fuel Inc.
- Don Thompson, Sherman Brothers Trucking Inc.
- Gene Hullette, Leavitt's Freight Service
- Joe Moody, A&M Transport, Inc.
- Kyle Anderson, DSV Road Transport
- Melissa Brown, McGinn Bros Trucking
- Ron Bowers, Ron Bowers, Inc.
- Todd Boldin, Reddaway
Questions about the NW Fleet Safety Certification Program? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.