OTA is an authorized agent on behalf of Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) to issue Oregon Annual Continuous Operation Variance Permits (COVP).
For operating motor vehicles, combinations that exceed legal limits for weight, length, height, or width must apply for an over-dimensional permit. Please note: You must register your vehicle in Oregon through ODOT before processing permits with us.
OTA issues the following permits:
- Oregon State
- Oregon Counties
- City of Portland
- Oversize load- extended weight and/or over length
- Truck tractor/semitrailer over width and legal weight, 80,000 lbs.
- Unladen heavy haul truck tractor/semitrailer w/jeep and/or booster
- Truck tractor/semitrailer 70/80 permit
- Heavy haul truck and trailer over width and overweight, 98,000 lbs.
How to Order Your Permits
- New permit issues and renewals
- Most permits issued same day
- Hours of operation: Monday-Friday from 7am-5pm
- OTA accepts major credit cards
- Upon obtaining a permit through OTA, you will receive monthly renewal reminders