Skip to content

Annual Over-Dimensional Truck Permits

OTA Permits Web Banner

OTA is an authorized agent on behalf of Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) to issue Oregon Annual Continuous Operation Variance Permits (COVP).

Available Permits

For operating motor vehicles, combinations that exceed legal limits for weight, length, height, or width must apply for an over-dimensional permit. Please note: You must register your vehicle in Oregon through ODOT before processing permits with us.

OTA issues the following permits:

  • Oregon State
  • Oregon Counties
  • City of Portland


    • Oversize load- extended weight and/or over length
    • Truck tractor/semitrailer over width and legal weight, 80,000 lbs.
    • Unladen heavy haul truck tractor/semitrailer w/jeep and/or booster
    • Truck tractor/semitrailer 70/80 permit
    • Heavy haul truck and trailer over width and overweight, 98,000 lbs.
    • Triples

...and more

How to Order Your Permits

OTA makes permit ordering easy - the hardest part is completing the application!

Download the Application and submit via:

Walk-ins are also welcome at the OTA office -  4005 SE Naef Road, Portland, OR 97267

Additional Information

  • New permit issues and renewals
  • Most permits issued same day
  • Hours of operation: Monday-Friday from 7am-5pm
  • OTA accepts major credit cards
  • Upon obtaining a permit through OTA, you will receive monthly renewal reminders
OTA has been an authorized agent on behalf of ODOT for over 25 years! There are no extra fees & permit profits go directly back to the association to provide more services for the industry!
Scroll To Top