Safety is a top priority here at OTA. Our staff has a Safety & Compliance Consultant and staff members on board to help develop and execute events focused on safety on the road and in the workplace. We host training classes and safety-focused events across Oregon. A variety of tools and documents are available in our Member Site. The Safety Management Council is a great way for you to get involved. Please visit our events page to view upcoming classes and register!
Annual Safety Events:
- Spring Safety Conference
- Oregon Truck Driving Championship
Ongoing Safety Classes
- Vehicle Maintenance, Records & Inspections
- Data Q & Non-Preventable Crashes
- DOT Compliance
- SMC- Energizing Your Safety Committee
- Drug & Alcohol Reasonable Suspicion for Supervisors*
- Fall Protection
- Entry-Level Driver Training
- Food Safety Modernization Act*
- URS Overview
- Long Combination Vehicle (LCV)
- NW Fleet Safety Certification
- A year-long certification program for safety professionals in the trucking industry that meets once a month to cover trucking and safety related topics.
And more! We also offer specialized classes based on current issues or regulatory changes (such as ELD training prior to the mandate). Don't see a class you're looking for on the calendar? OTA is open to offering new topics and scheduling additional dates across Oregon. We also do online or onsite training for your whole team. Contact us with any requests.
Oregon Truck Driving Championship 2017
Oregon Truck Driving Championship 2016
OREGON SAFETY AWARDS: Applications for 2019 (for the 2018 term) are now available! Does your company have an outstanding safety program that your drivers and other staff members are successfully implementing? Do you know an individual that has gone above and beyond as a trucking safety professional? We want to know about it! Please fill out one (or both) of the forms below. Winners will be announced at the annual Safety Conference in Salem April 18-19th. Visit our Event Recap page for a full list of past winners.
Share the Road
- Part 380 - Special Training Requirements
- Part 382 - Controlled Substances and Alcohol Use and Testing
- Part 383 - CDL Standards, Requirements, and Penalties
- Part 384 - State Compliance with CDL Program
- Part 385 - Safety Fitness Procedures
- Part 387 - Minimum Levels of Financial Responsibility
- Part 390 - General Safety Regulations
- Part 391 - Qualification of Drivers
- Part 392 - Driving of Motor Vehicles
- Part 393 - Parts and Accessories Necessary for Safe Operation
- Part 395 - Hours of Service of Drivers
- Part 396 - Inspection, Repair, and Maintenance
- Part 397 - Transportation of Hazardous Materials; Driving and Parking
- Part 398 - Transportation of Migrant Workers
- Part 399 - Employee Safety and Health Standards
Questions about OTA's safety program? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 503.513.0005.